Vectra Networks – Technical Marketing Engineer
As a Technical Marketing Engineer, you will play a vital role in driving Vectra Networks’ growth by serving as a product and technology subject matter expert, performing hands-on work to define best practices, providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and employees.
In this role, you will work with cutting-edge technology that is redefining the future of network security. You will help develop and run compelling demo environments, develop and deliver technical training for Systems Engineers and create application notes and solution best practices.
You must be a self-starter, have a desire to learn and experiment with new technologies, work equally well in an individual or team environment, and execute quality work with speed.
How you will get your hands dirty:
- Design and develop technical sales and marketing tools including demos, videos, presentations, blogs, technical white papers, and field training courses
- Create tools/resources such as performance guidelines, sizing guides, reference architectures, white papers, application notes and best practices guides
- Track and analyze the competitive landscape and market positioning of all competitors
- Deliver competitive analysis and tools that can be leveraged by the sales team to win in competitive situations
- Work cross functionally with sales, product marketing, and product management to support product sales and development
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in computer networking (e.g., layer-2/3 devices) and networks security (e.g., next-generation firewall, IPS, sandbox)
- Passion to learn network and application security threats, attack techniques, detection methods and mitigation options
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux, Windows and scripting languages
- Very good written and verbal communication skills