We are looking for talented front-end engineers and information design specialists to build out our internal analytics tools and shared visualization components. Data is core to Uber’s daily operations and insights derived from this data enables our incredible growth. This is a new team, so you will have a chance to help define, from the beginning, how Uber visualizes its data.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Keen design sense and a passion for data and data visualization. You probably have a portfolio of work you’re eager to show off.
- A creative and analytical mindset to present information. You’ll be exploring awesome new ways to visualize data collected from cities around the world.
- Experience or interest in real-time data. You’ll be responsible for surfacing high-speed, up-to-the-second insights to users around the world.
- Strong sense of web UX, with experience building intuitive web interfaces that present data in compelling ways.
- Solid front-end architecture and coding skills, and experience in building reusable components that fit together into scalable production applications.
- Interest in data pipelines, APIs and query languages. You’ll have a voice in how data is processed, transformed and exposed to front-end consumers.
- A motivated, self-starter who likes to own what you’re working on, who is comfortable driving development from a sketch of an idea to a polished product